The ITS Research Group of htw saar has many years of experience in acquiring and managing German and EU research projects.
The FGVT generally deals with the use of information and communication systems in vehicles. As a member of the respective working groups of ETSI-ITS and the so-called Car to Car Communication Consortium (C2C-CC), the research group is mainly concerned with the use of telematic systems to increase traffic safety and traffic efficiency. For this purpose, extensive projects such as simTD, CONVERGE and others have already been realized in the past in cooperation with renowned research institutions and automobile manufacturers.
In addition to its competence in communications concepts in the fields of ITS, electric mobility and automated driving, the research group is distinguished above all by its transport and business expertise. Current projects and research efforts extend these to socio- and techno-economic, psychological and energy-economic aspects, so that transdisciplinarity and the ability to coordinate cross-sectional projects have become the strengths of the research group.
- 2021: kit2rad
- 2020 – 2023 FlowPro (funded by BMVI)
- 2020 – 2021 MOSAik:D (funded by BMVI)
- 2019 – 2021 SaarMoS-ITS (funded by Saarland State Chancellery)
- 2019 – 2021 TERMINAL (funded by EU)
- 2018 – 2021 5GCroCo (funded by EU)
- 2018 – 2020 kantSaar (funded by BMVI)
- 2017 – 2020 KoSMoS (funded by EU and Saarland State Chancellery)
- 2017 – 2020 C-MobiLE (funded by EU)
- 2017 – 2020 5G NetMobil (funded by BMBF)
- 2015 – 2018 iKoPA (funded by BMBF)
- 2015 – 2017 No LimITS (funded by BMVI)
- 2012 – 2018 FRAMES (funded by DGUV)
- 2012 – 2015 CONVERGE (funded by BMWi and BMBF)
- 2012 – 2015 UR:BAN (funded by BMWi)
- 2008 – 2012 simTD (funded by BMWi and BMBF)
- 2006 – 2010 AKTIV-VM (funded by BMWi)
- 2006 – 2010 CVIS (funded by EU)
- 2004 – 2007 PReVENT-WILLWARN (funded by EU)